Monday, December 20, 2010

The First Step Towards Never Having A Panic Attack Again From 'Perfectly Panic Free'

panic freeWhile I was reading the book 'Perfectly Panic Free' by Mike Karowski, something he wrote about dealing with panic attacks and panic disorder jumped out at me. I hadn't thought about it much till now, but I realized that there was more wisdom in his words that I originally gave him credit for.


He said that the first step towards never having a panic attack again is determination. People who suffer from panic disorder genuinely fear and worry over the possibility of another attack. Because of this genuine fear, their determination is easily wavered. However, they need to be determined in order to get better.


Mr. Karowski suggests that those who suffer from panic disorder find help and support from both family and friends and by joining a support group of people who have or have been suffering from panic disorder. Scientific studies have shown that support from family and those who can be understanding increases the chances of getting over panic disorder. Perhaps because it increases their determination.


So, with determination and support, patients are able to get over the fear of having another panic attack. This is integral. While they used to focus on the possibility of having another attack, they can now focus on their treatment, and on getting better. Determination is key to a speedier recovery. Determination is key to a healthier and happier life.


Think about that for a minute. Aren't so many instances in our lives lost because of a lack of determination? Don't we, like those who suffer from panic disorder, fear the possibility of a problem and focus on this more than we focus on the task at hand? Perhaps every one of us is afflicted by a lack of determination. We all tend to panic and waver just a little.

I came to having these thoughts because I have watched James struggle with his panic disorder, and I have watched him succeed. I thought about the monumental effort it must have taken for him to stay determined, stick to the game plan, and focus on getting better. I thought to myself, that if he could do that, then surely there are no limits to what can be done.

So though my newfound determination came from an unusual source, I am glad it did come. I think we need a good reminder to be determined and to focus on the more important every now and again. It's good for the human spirit. And since I was reminded, I decided to remind all of you! Remember, any problem can be solved, all you need is determination!

Going back to Mr. Karowski's book, though it's a book on panic disorder, it is a good read.You can learn more about it at:
panicdisorderattacks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment